Skip to main content

I have certain Business terms that i want to track on which fields are getting mapped from which datasets on a given day.

Is there a way, i can send a notification to myself (and any others interested) on the occurance details of a term - and i schedule this to run periodically like every monday?

To be specific, Iam want to track Social Security Number. I want to get a report every monday morning - with list of Catalog items and attributes that are mapped to this term. (from the occurances details).

Is it possible?? How??

Hi @Prasad Rani ,

There is no email notification option on a Catalog item(we can schedule to run at a particular time) as we have on Monitoring project to set up a notification.

1. You can create a plan to crab all the terms that are assigned to a particular attribute on a Catalog item. You can do this using one desktop using one metadata reader steps and export all the results into an Excel.

https://docs.ataccama.com/one-desktop/latest/work-with-ataccama-one/read-and-write-metadata.html#one-metadata-reader

1. Create a workflow such that , if the step 1 completes successfully then it should send an email by attaching the file created in the step 1. Schedule this workflow as per the requirements 

https://community.ataccama.com/data-quality-data-governance-94/send-outlook-email-from-desktop-application-664?tid=664&fid=94  

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Srija Piratla

Srija: thanks for the response.

let me clarify. I dont want to drive this from a catalog item. I want to drive my usecase from a given term. I want ability to read a term - and extract all the catalog item attributes that are mapped to that Business term.

Can i do that through the Metadata Reader?

Yes @Prasad Rani we can extract using the Metadata Reader steps. 

Hello @Prasad Rani  I’m closing this thread, please feel free to follow up here with any of your questions or create a new post 🙋‍♀️

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET