Skip to main content

How can we handle csv output from API response?

I tried to use json call ,SOAP call but it didn't work.Anyway, can we handle in One desktop csv output from API.

Hi @mahesh Ar,

Ataccama One desktop does not have built in step to handle CSV APIs.

I can suggest one of two ways.

First one is to use HTTP Get step in the workflow to save a result of an API call as a text file and then process it using plan and Text File Reader step.

The second one is to use Web lookup step. The Web lookup step will obtain the CSV data and will warp it into an XML object which you can subsequently parse using Splitter and Tokenizer steps. The result should be similar to this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<html>
<head>
<meta name="generator" content="HTML Tidy for Java (vers. 2009-12-01), see jtidy.sourceforge.net"/>
<title/>
</head>
<body>src_full_name;pur_full_name;pur_first_name_orig;pur_last_name_orig;std_first_name;std_last_name;std_titles_prefix;pat_full_name;score_full_name;exp_full_name;pur_full_name_DQ_status;pur_full_name_status John Smith;John Smith;John;Smith;John;Smith;;F! L!;0;;NAME_OK;OK</body>
</html>

I’d recommend going with the first approach if it fits your requirements as it more straightforward and easier to debug.

Hi @AKislyakov ,

Thanks for answering to above questions.

I am trying to implement the first approach and looking for the HTTP Get step.

I don't see HTTP Get step in one desktop .May i know is step name right?

Thanks,

Mahesh Arigela

The stem name is HTTP Get. This is a workflow step and should be available in the workflow (ewf) context.

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET