Get certified with Ataccama

#3 Business Terms

• 14 September 2022
  • 7 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Glossary terms are used to add more metadata to different assets in the Ataccama ONE, they are necessary for data quality evaluation of Catalog Items after profiling.

👉 Get Certified with Ataccama article series

#1 Adding Data Sources

#2 Add a Data Source to the Catalog

🔎 LET’S TEST YOUR SKILLS

• Using the ONE Web App, in the ONE Business Glossary module, create business terms for '<your_name>_Blood Type', '<your_name>_Rhesus Status', '<your_name>_Blood Group'.
  • Using the ONE Web App, in the ONE Business Glossary module, configure the business terms '<your_name>_Blood Type' and '<your_name>_Rhesus Status' as child terms of the parent term '<your_name>_Blood Group'.

💡 How to do it? 

1. Navigate to Business Glossary in the left navigation menu and click on Create in the top right menu
  1. Select Type - Business Term, fill in Name and Save
  1. You will see that your business term has been successfully created, repeat the same process for remaining business terms
  1. Once you have all terms created, open of them and click on Send for Approval
  1. Fill in description and confirm with Create a new request
  1. Add remaining business terms to this request - Append to existing request - Append
  1. With the last one, confirm the request with Approve & Publish
  1. Check that your business terms are set
  1. Open <yourname>_Blood Group and in section Relations select Parent of
  1. Add <yourname>_Blood Type and <yourname>_Rhesus Status terms

Do you have any question or tips&tricks? Let us know in comments section! 

7 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

Is there any way to bulk upload, or bulk import new custom business terms? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @thomas.prociuk, it’s possible to import business terms to Ataccama ONE using ONE Desktop, you can find instructions on how to import terms in this article. Please be sure to create the relationships between terms in the process which is done in a similar way to the create term step.

Badge +1

Hi @Cansu thank you for the quick response, but it says that I do not have the rights to view the page. How should I get access? Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Please login with your Ataccama credentials to view our documentation page, let me know if you are having any issues @thomas.prociuk 🙋‍♀️

https://support.ataccama.com/

Badge +1

@Cansu I am logged in and it is still saying access is denied. Is there anyway that I can get it as a pdf?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@thomas.prociuk could you please try this link? I’ll try to work out an alternative solution it this doesn’t work. 

Badge +1

@Cansu That link worked! Thank you so much!