Introduce Yourself & Meet the Community 👋

• 28 February 2023
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
  • Community Manager
  • 238 replies

Welcome to the Data People Community 👋

We are very glad you’re here. This is a great space for you to introduce yourself to your fellow community members and offer up a fun fact (or three). Let me start!

I’m Cansu, I’m a Community Manager at Ataccama. You’ll see me here a lot; managing the forums, chatting, and generally helping out.

A little more about me:

• I’m based in the City of a Hundred Spires ️🗺️

• I have two black cats named Goblin & Monkey🐈‍⬛

• I am an amateur surfer ‍🏄‍♀️

Please don’t hesitate to share details about what you're looking to achieve with Ataccama, and what you hope to get from your experience in the Data People Community.

See you in the forums 👀

13 replies

Badge

Hi Everyone!

I am excited to join the community of users working with Ataccama. I like having some type of user forum to be able to network and get/share ideas, thoughts and solutions.  I am the Manager, Data Governance & Quality for an Insurance Investment company.  I have a team of 7 data governance and data quality analysts.  I have been working with data for 25 years now and have brought up several data governance, quality and privacy programs throughout my career.  Ataccama is new to our organization and we are all excited to start moving down forward with this tool. 

We have purchased the suite of products Data Glossary/Data Quality, MDM, and RDM to replace pieces that we had in Informatica that were not meeting our needs and getting very costly.  

I love animals and have 3-dogs (2-mini Australian Shepherds and 1- German/Husky mix)  and I have 3-cats as well.  I live in Nebraska and enjoy time with family and friends.

Its a pleasure to meet everyone!

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @DiBetz, welcome to the community and Ataccama! We are so happy to have you here.

Thank you for taking the time to share a bit about yourself, looking forward to seeing you around here.

Badge +1

Hello, everyone!  I am a Senior Data Quality Analyst with an investment company in Des Moines, Iowa.  Our shop was using another suite of products, which did not work out for us.  We have recently moved over to Ataccama and are going through training to learn more about the tool.  Excited to learn more about all of the tools and how we can use them.

A little about me:

• I love to golf, but have 2 teenagers at home, so I don’t get out as often as I would like.
  • We have two cats - Annie and Hughes.  They are replacing our previous cats that lived to 20 years old!
  • I was a COBOL developer in my previous life
Badge +1

Hi everyone, I Marcel and working building and maintaining MDM projects in the Netherlands.

Married with one son of 25.

I used to play rugby, now only watching.

Programmed COBOL in the 90ties too :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Marcel! Welcome to the community, it’s great to have you here! Really cool stuff 🤙It looks like we have a diverse membership here on the community from all over the 🌎

Badge

Hi everyone,

I’m Shokyee which focus on DQ analyst where focus in Financial Industry.

Pleasure to meet everyone here.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Shokyee great to have you here!

Badge

Hello Everyone, I’m Santosh, Principal Architect focusing on building a single canonical self-serviceable enterprise data platform. great to e-meet the community.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @sdonka1, welcome to the community! Happy to have you here 🙋🏻‍♀️

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Everyone!

Actually it’s been nearly 2 months but I think I have to introduce myself here as well.

I am Aysel from Azerbaijan

I love drawing

Great to meet you all :) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @aysel_jafarzade great to have you here, welcome 🎉

Badge

HI everybody, nice to meet some of you on this platform.  I’m Pierre, based in Belgium and working for a lime producer multinational company.  My role is Business Warehouse Manager (mainly Data Warehouse, BI and CPM) and we are now implementing Ataccama to replace a very simple (but useful) tool: MDS.

The more I learn Ataccama the more I have to learn and discover!  So I hope this community and the shared experience will help :)

I have 2 grown children (35 and 37) and 2 young dogs (Cavalier King Charles) plus a cat.

When I don’t work at the office or in my house (I like home refurbishment) I enjoy railroad modeling (US trains).

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @PierreLequy, nice to meet you, and great to have you here on the community! We are here to help with any questions in your Ataccama journey so please feel free to share anything you’re currently working on, or need a bit of support 🙋‍♀️