Skip to main content

Hi,

I have below use case:

• A party can have multiple phones related to it, when any of them change, we need to update a flag on every related phones (same party_id)

I am having problems to get those related phones during the merge process, what would be the better way to do it? 

I have tried it using Mdc Read Step, but I'm not able to start the server due below error

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot find INmeEngine: Failed to create step 'Mdc Read' (com.ataccama.nme.dqc.steps.MdcRead) (Cannot find INmeEngine)
at com.ataccama.nme.internal.dqc.PlanExecutor.createRunner(PlanExecutor.java:137)
at com.ataccama.nme.internal.dqc.PlanExecutor.<init>(PlanExecutor.java:83)
at com.ataccama.nme.internal.dqc.PlanExecutor.<init>(PlanExecutor.java:69)
at com.ataccama.nme.internal.dqc.pool.PlanExecutorCreator.createResource(PlanExecutorCreator.java:34)
at com.ataccama.nme.internal.dqc.pool.PlanExecutorCreator.createResource(PlanExecutorCreator.java:17)
at com.ataccama.dqc.commons.resourcepool.ResourcesPool.createResource(ResourcesPool.java:110)
at com.ataccama.dqc.commons.resourcepool.ResourcesPool.start(ResourcesPool.java:98)
... 28 common frames omitted

Is there another way to do it? Anyone have already face this issue with Mdc Read?

Hi @vcosta it looks like your issue here is resolved by changing your aggregation key, please don’t hesitate to post on the community if  you have any other questions 🙋‍♀️

Hi @Cansu, yes that's right!

So, if anyone steps into same use case:

A party can have multiple phones related to it, when any of them change, we need to set a flag on every related phones (same party_id) based in some rules of a Representative Creator Step.

We could have it done following below steps:

• in aggregation tab for phone instance layer:
    • set party_id as the grouping column (it made Ataccama able to bring all related phones to aggregation and merge plan files, as we were wanting)
    • added the flag as an aggregation column
  • in aggregation plan file
    • used a Representative Creator Step to set the flag = FALSE for all entities
    • set another Representative Creator to find right entities to have the flag set to TRUE
  • in merge plan file:
    • use the flag from previous process to set cmo value for it

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET