Skip to main content

Hi,

I am using DQC and setting it up as a DQ Window service. This provides the server’s Admin centre. 

I would like to secure this using the users.xml and role-mapping.xml to get started. I have been able to configure it so that it prompts for login credentials but i am unable to actually login. 

Does any have an example of the users.xml and role-mapping.xml that works together? or any docs that i could refer to? 

We are using DQC v12.3.

the following is what i have configured in the server.config.xml:

i have only included the sections that are relevant:

<component class="com.ataccama.dqc.server.services.AuthenticationService">
            <methods>

<method class="com.ataccama.dqc.communication.auth.server.PasswordServerMethod">
                    <provider class="com.ataccama.dqc.communication.auth.server.FileBasedIdentityProvider">
                        <configFile>users.xml</configFile>
                    </provider>
                </method>
            </methods>

<roleMappingProvider class="com.ataccama.dqc.communication.auth.server.FileRoleMapping">
                <configFile>role-mapping.xml</configFile>
            </roleMappingProvider>

</component>

my users.xml is:

<dqc-users>
    <users>
        <user username="admin" password="admin" roles="admin"/> <!-- password="admin" -->
    </users>
</dqc-users>

my role-mapping.xml is:

<dqc-roles>
  <roles>
        <role name="admin">
            <or>
          <require role="role1" />
          </or>
    </role>
  </roles>
</dqc-roles>

i have tried a few variations but unalbe to get a simple example working which i would like to get working and then progress it to LDAP authentication.

thank you

Asif

I realised that Keycloak must be used for Version 12.3 and above. 

I was able to set up Keycloak that is shipped with v12.3 and configure ‘Admin Center’ to use Keycloak

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET