Skip to main content

Hi All,

How can I use the file us_ca_firstname_synonym.lkp to create a match? Like Robert Smith should match with Bob Smith. I checked the file and for one name it has multiple synonyms. I can fetch the result in clean component but not sure how do I use that in Match component to generate match. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

FS

Hi @fshahin ,

the file us_ca_firstname_synonym.lkp is a lookup file specifically generated for a Name standardization component. Of course you can use it for any other use case you might want however you might need to generate a specific .lkp file which would fit your purpose.

If you are ok with the structure of us_ca_firstname_synonym.lkp as it is, you use the lkp in the matching following these steps:

1. matching plan - prepare a MAT_FIRST_NAME_SYNONYMS value which based on the .lkp file would contain ALL the synonyms + the original name. Use a reasonable separator between values
  2. pass this value to the matching
  3. create a Key Rule Name in the matching step by using this MAT value similarly as depicted below (just a non working example)
  4. this will allow the engine to match records based on ALL synonyms in the field / the “behave as set” option enabled is important.
  5. adjust your Matching rules as you need

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET