Solved

Make RDM tables permissions editable from the web app.

• 7 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hello community,

I’m working on an RDM project and have a question regarding the security configurations. I find that if I tick the Fixed Permission checkbox in the Security config. node, the roles permissions I have setup in the IDE will get uploaded onto the web app., but it won’t be editable later there. However, if I don’t tick this checkbox, none of the permissions will get loaded on to the web app., but I will be able to fully customize the roles permissions on the web app.

Is there a way to have the initial roles permissions loaded from IDE, but also editable later on the web app.?

Thank you in advance

icon

Best answer by AKislyakov 7 June 2023, 07:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @pdanpoonkij,

Is there a way to have the initial roles permissions loaded from IDE, but also editable later on the web app.?

Currently, there is no way to manipulate permissions except the ways you’ve mentioned. The only way to mass-deploy permissions (although not supported) is to directly edit the data in the underlying database tables (rep_role_entity and rep_role_entity_column).

Additionally, when adding new columns to an existing table there is an option to copy permissions from an existing column via alter-hints file.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I see, thank you for your input, AKislyakov