Skip to main content
Solved

Lookup ONE Desktop

• 19 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I have a .csv file containing country codes that looks like:

countrycode.csv

I want to use this file as a lookup. In ONE Web it is possible to use a .lkp file as a lookup (why not just import an excel file there is beyond me). In order to do this I understoond I had to create a lookup builder:

Lookup builder​​

In the Text File Reader I selected the documented with the encoding (I hope this is the right one?). As for the columns I created nm_lnd and kd_lnd (both string).

Text File Reader - General
Text File Reader - Columns

As for the Lookup Builder:

Lookup Builder

When I run it a .lkp is created but also a rejected.txt with everything that is inside the .csv meaning I'm not able to create the desired .lkp file. What can I do to resolve this? Is there also documentation on how to create lookup using .csv somewhere? I can't find it.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Your text file seems to be semi colon delimited. Your text file reader however seems to want to find \t as separators. Which means it could not find the column kd_lnd. It found nm_lnd;kd_lnd as the column header instead.

Try to open the CSV file itself in Ataccama desktop. It should prompt you to define correct metadata, with some auto recognition of separators and encoding. The preview at the bottom will show you if it has recognised the format. Then when you drag that file in it will use the metadata you have defined.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

You may also find the lkp tutorials in ONE Desktop helpful:

In the example file, it is also semi-colon delimited. You can see how they configure the Text File Reader.

Thank you May! Glad to see you around again 😀