Skip to main content

It is worth immediately clarifying that I have admin rights. I create a policy and after creation there is no block for creating conditions. Are there any guesses?

Policy Managment Block

Hi @FCB developer ,

thank you for your question. 

Policies are disabled by default from version 13.3.0 as the potential performance impact on the application outweighs current utilization of the feature - link to documentation. The feature is possible to turn on but it must be taken into consideration it might have a significant performance impact.

Please let me know if you would like to know more about turning on this feature.

Hi, @Adela Sotonova !
Can you please tell us what policies actually allow? What do they allow to limit for users?

Hello @FCB developer , policies, if turned on, will “mask” (hide) the data (columns) for users in both the Access tab as well as the Profiling results. The data, that are hidden like this, are determined based on the Policy rule. The rule is for example saying hide all data with the business terms “Personal Data” and “Email” applied and hide them for the roles MMM-metadata-manager and user jane.smith. These users then cannot see all of those data, just blank fields instead. All the other users, however, can still see them.

As Adel already mentioned, the feature is disabled by default because of the serious performance implications.

Hello @anna.spakova ,
Thanks for the detailed answer!
Can you please tell me, for the "Data" tab in the data catalog element where 50 rows are displayed as an example, can it be masked?

@FCB developer right now, without the Policies, the options are as follows:

Hi, @anna.spakova 
Thanks for the detailed answer! It became much clearer how to use policies and permissions.json.

@Adela Sotonova , Can you please tell me how to enable Policies?

@FCB developer I don’t know what is your version but for new versions (e.g. 13.8) unfrotunately the policies cannot be enabled. The development team is working on a new version of policies that should coma later in v14. 

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET