Skip to main content

I have created a workflow to call a component which is selecting data based on a value provided by user in the admin center workflow input parameter. 

To make it error free so that the user doesn’t input any wrong value for the parameter, I was wondering if it is possible to create a dropdown or bullet with accepted parameter values in the admin center so we could just choose the value and run the workflow?

Please let me know if anyone has tried this.

Thank you,

Hi @hkulkarni 

There is not option to define a picklist for the Workflow parameter, however there are several mitigation strategies:

1. If you add a comment for your input parameter, it will be visible in the Admin Center. You can put a list of acceptable values there.
  2. You can add a derived variable based on the input one and accept only valid values there. Use the derived one for further processing.
  3. If your picklist is short, you may create each value as a separate input variable and treat them as yes/no flags.

Hi @hkulkarni, welcome back to the community ☺️ I’m closing this thread for now, if you have any follow up questions please don’t hesitate to share them here or create a new post 🙋‍♀️

Hi @hkulkarni 
Can you please help/guide me on how to create parameters to enter values for a workflow in admin centre. I have an already configured workflow with parameters in Admin centre but I want to remove it. Could you please help me with this? If there is some documentation in ataccama docs that you could point me towards, that would also be great.

TIA
Aish

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET