Solved

How to delete orphan but active records on source and instance table

• 9 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

How to delete orphan but active records on source and instance table in Omnihealthdata. The records were deleted at source but the load to onramp was missed for delete batch. Is there other way I could delete these records from _s(source) and instance tables? Is a manual SQL delete a right way to go with or would it cause any future issues?

icon

Best answer by Cansu 15 January 2024, 12:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @sgilla, thanks for posting. Could you please explain further what’s the impact on your Ataccama platform tables, if any? When you are using different platforms as your primary source of data & records the initial documentation and resources taken as reference should be linked to the relative platform. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I am not sure if I could explain. The records inactive at source but active on omnihealthdata do have impact on sources which use this master data from omnihealth. For example after a reprocess and omni modified date changes and hence the target sees the orphan records being updated. 

The design and planning for source to MDM omnihealthdata table and mastered data being utilized are all streamlined well and this should have been taken care during these steps and i believe the exceptions have been during a downtime or a db restores we had. I was wondering if its ok to directly clean up the source and instance tables on the db or could there be a downside. Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @sgilla, I have checked with the team and the recommendation is to check from the side of IBI/Tibco since IBI uses our DQC in its core for the product, and it’s not related to Ataccama. Hence, it’s not something we’d be able to troubleshoot for you. Hoping to see other community members’ contributions here if they have faced such a situation before. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thank you.