Solved

Getting logged out far too frequently from RDM

• 3 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

We have recently upgraded to RDM V14.5.0 and are finding that if you leave the screen idle for 5-10 mins the system will log you out and back in immediately. When it logs you back in it has closed all the tables that you had open previously. 

Also, when you want to close RDM and press the “Log out” button it more often than not logs you out and then back in again. It takes a 2nd press of the “Log out” button to finally log out.

Is there a setting somewhere that will increase the idle time so we don’t keep losing the open tables and is the need for a double log out a bug or some setting that we need to change. Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by BrianF 3 April 2024, 15:50

View original

3 replies

Badge +1

Hi @Fergus!

It is indeed a Keycloak setting that manages idle time.  The latest version of Keycloak shipped with very short timeout settings on sessions and tokens.

To change these, go to your Keycloak, then Realm Settings for your Ataccamaone realm. The settings you need to adjust are under the Tokens tab.

You will need to increase the SSO Session Idle - I have it set to 30 minutes for my test environment, which seems to work well. The SSO Session Max should be upped too - I’ve set it to 8 hours to cover a working day, 

There are other settings in that menu which can be adjusted to your requirements if necessary, and there are tooltip explanations of what each does if you hover the cursor over the little ‘?’ icon next to each. 

I’m due to discuss Keycloak usage with you soon, so we can go into more detail then.

Your having to log out twice issue is one I’ve not seen, but is probably down to other SSO settings in Keycloak.  We can perhaps walk through what you have in that session as well.

Cheers,

Brian.

Badge +1

Thanks Brian and thanks for the call this afternoon. I’ll monitor the first issue now that we have upped the idle time and see how we get on. 

And if the 2nd issue continues then I’ll raise a service request.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Thank you for getting back to us @Fergus