Solved

Differentiate between verified (KYCed) and unverified data? Is that possible?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello there,

Please, when sending data about a person to MDM, can we differentiate this data between VERIFIED and UNVERIFIED?

I mean, unverified DATA should be stored, but it should never overwrite the existing verified data in MDM.

Example:

1. User ELON MUSK, 60 years old, elon@tesla.com, California, etc is created as verified data in MDM and master-ID ABC is assigned to his record.
  2. Months later someone tries to create a profile and the data is not yet verified, that data would be ELON MUSKK, 58 years old, elon@tesla.com, Texas. 

The end result coming from from a “GET” should be ELON MUSK, 60 years old, elon@tesla.com, California, master-ID ID ABC
It would be OK to MDM store that UNVERIFIED Data somewhere, but it should NEVER overwrite VERIFIED data nor consider UNVERIFIED information as correct data to be returned to MDM callers/consumers.

I know that other MDMs keep unverified data separated of VERIFIED data, I would like to know what is the recommended way to do this in Ataccama.

Any help would be appreciated. 🙏

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 3 June 2022, 15:54

View original

2 replies

Hello @jfbaro ,

We are happy to see you back in the Community!

I discussed it with my colleagues and - yes, it is possible to store the KYC information in MDM and prioritize the selection of the attributes based on whether the record is VERIFIED or not. In MDM consolidation style, if more records are identified to belong to the same customer, the one with VERIFIED information can be prioritized to become the representative record of the group (the master record), according to the same rules, any new record that joins the group without being VERIFIED cannot affect the master record.

Of course if a customer creates a new profile which doesn't match to any existing customer, it will create it's own master, (master_id = BCD) but because its identity is not verified, the master record will have verified_identity=false. Our outbound interfaces are configurable to provide only the verified records, if required.

Hope it helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks. This answer is super clear and useful. You are a superstar! 🙏