Solved

Data Source "Documentation"

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey All!

I am aware that only Stewardship owners have the ability to use the “Document” button on a data source level, but is there a way that we can disable this button all together? If a user accidentally uses this feature, it eats up a lot of processing to import the metadata, and is a best practice that we are telling everyone not to use. Is there a way within the admin console to do this?

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by ivan.kozlov 6 May 2024, 09:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @ThomasPro,
Yes, this can be done through some changes in metadata model but it will require a temporary downtime as the system has to be switched to maintenance mode to apply the updated metadata model changes.
The following document might be helpful for you:
https://docs.ataccama.com/one/latest/user-access-management/access-levels.html
https://docs.ataccama.com/one/latest/metadata-model/system-changes.html

In general, there are couple of steps you should follow to achieve what you need:

1. You’ll have to go to Global Settings → Metadata Model
  2. Search for the relevant entity name (i think “connection” or “source” is the one you need in this case) 
  3. Once you’re under connection, go to the Access Levels tab
  4. Under this tabs you’ll see different access levels associated with this specific metadata entity.
  5. Go to the access level that you need to change (or all of them one by one and) and Edit them.
  6. Once you see the list of available capabilities/actions associated with this access level you can tune everything as needed and disable or enable access to different functionalities. In your case you’ll need to untick the Trigger the documentation flow button
  7. Once metadata model has been altered - you’ll have to apply the change through Global Settings → System Changes

I hope this answers your question.
Ivan

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you @ivan.kozlov !! This is exactly what I need.