Skip to main content

I am writing custom steps in Java. the help has some examples. I am wondering to know if the are any javadoc about the ataccama core classes. I would like to test my new custom step using junit.

Any reference will help a lot.

Hi Alex, we don’t provide any Java Doc on the Ataccama internal / core classes. There are some examples in the embedded product documentation (One Desktop) on the development of a custom Java step, however, we don’t expect customers to be widely using the option. Maybe, if you can share what features are you missing or what is the purpose of your new step, we can look at it and consider it for future inclusion in the product itself.

Regards,

Petr

hi @Pele , 

we added a custom validation, but we would like to understand in what cases this feature is useful. 

Can you be more specific about the validation? What does your step do that can’t be done with a Column Assigner, (Simple) Scoring step, Lookup or Pattern Parser step?

And for the second part when you refer to “this feature” - what are you referring to? Your step?

Hi @Pele.

We created a step that parse a number and split in several columns. it can be solved using for example a Pattern Parser step, but the objective was exploring the custom steps in Java.

In my previous comment I am asking, what is the cases that use a Custom step in java could be useful to implement, I wondering to know what is the benefit to have this feature if you mentioned that you expect it don’t to be used?

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET