Solved

Atacamma APIs for RDM

• 22 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

I am looking for the documentation around available Out of the box APIs in Ataccama which can be exposed to extract data out of RDM tables. Are there any available documentation or APIs provided by Ataccama to expose the reference data tables out of RDM via APIs.

Looking forward for any directions here.

Thanks,

Chetan

icon

Best answer by AKislyakov 24 April 2023, 13:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi chetan,

The latest version of RDM (14.3) includes a new feature called RDM REST APIs. This feature enables reading data from RDM without requiring any additional configuration.

For older versions, you have the option of using semi-automatic API generation. This can be done through the instructions found in this link. Semi-automatic API generation provides the ability to configure complex Read/Write APIs.

Badge +1

Hi @AKislyakov ,

Thanks for the response. I am not able to access these URL’s as of now. Will check if there is a separate user account to be created for the support portal. In the semi-automatic API generation, what I understood from your statement is that there were no OOTB APIs exposed and we have to create using the development set up and using the RDM workflows/components? And with the new version, it comes with OOTB capabilities and provides API which can be directly exposed without requiring any development part?

Correct me if I am wrong in my understanding.

Thanks,

Chetan

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

That's correct, although I would refer to it as configuration rather than development. RDM provides a framework for configuration and generates the necessary components. However, you still need to decide on naming and determine which tables are exposed at each endpoint and so on.