Skip to main content

Hey all!

Now that incoming webhooks within Microsoft Teams is discontinued (Existing configurations will work until end of 2025), is there a plan for how teams will continue to integrate with notifications from Monitoring Projects? This was a big sell to a lot of our users, and now that we are unable to use incoming webhooks for new monitoring projects, I want to see if there is a plan to have a work around, or if it will be not supported in the future.

Hi @ThomasPro.

Like many organizations, we are surprised and disappointed at Microsoft’s snap decision to retire Retire Office 365 Webhooks. This has negatively affected many organisations that have come to rely on them, not just ourselves.

In the short term, for new Monitoring Projects, Microsoft have offered a workaround via Microsoft Power Automate - please look for a template called `Post to a channel when a webhook request is received`. However, there is a significant limitation in that flows must be tied to a user account, and not via a Service Principle following good IT practice. We would therefore recommend setting an admin account as owner of the flow + the connection to Teams.

In the longer term, as we approach the full retirement deadline our Product & Engineering teams will look into alternative options for how we will notify your users via Microsoft Teams.

Please rest assured that we know Teams notifications is a crucial part of many DQ and Monitoring pipelines, and so these will not be going away in future.

Best,

Oli 

@OGordon100 Thank you for the information. I will look into that Power Automate flow and see if we can have some sort of notification be able to be created for new Ataccama projects.

@ThomasPro and @OGordon100 Thank you so much for opening this discussion and share this workaround, waiting for an answer of somebody from Ataccama, I agree this feature is crucial. Regards

Hi community, if you have any questions regarding the change please share them in the comments and we will try to do our best to get you the answers. Thank you @OGordon100 for the explanation and workarounds🙌

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET