Skip to main content

Hi, I’m trying to add the data value to the file extension in the component but I’m not able to get the expected results. I have added a new string column using alter format step (tostring(today(), 'yyyy-MM-dd'). When I pass the column as $date or ${date} in the output filename, I’m not seeing the data on the output filename.

Hi @Raj Yalaka,

Regarding the described scenario, I have tested it in my IDE. In the component, I have added a column named date  in the  Alter Format step. The output file contains the date in the file name and the data was written there.

Due to the fact I can’t reproduce your issue, I would like to ask below questions to understand your issue better: 

• May I know if you don’t see the data in the output file content  ? 
  • Do you see the date in the output file name ? 
  • Have  you tested it with another input file? 
  •  Can you share with me your IDE version information? 
  • Is it the first time you have faced the issue ? 
  • Could you share with me some screenshots on the component and output file (please include the columns tab)  ?

Best regards
    Sharon

Hi @Raj Yalaka,

Regarding the described scenario, I have tested it in my IDE. In the component, I have added a column named date  in the  Alter Format step. The output file contains the date in the file name and the data was written there.

Due to the fact I can’t reproduce your issue, I would like to ask below questions to understand your issue better: 

• May I know if you don’t see the data in the output file content  ? 
  • Do you see the date in the output file name ? 
  • Have  you tested it with another input file? 
  •  Can you share with me your IDE version information? 
  • Is it the first time you have faced the issue ? 
  • Could you share with me some screenshots on the component and output file (please include the columns tab)  ?

Best regards
    Sharon

Hi, there is nothing wrong with my plans. I was testing it on wrong environment. Once I changed it to the correct environment, I was getting the expected output. Thank you for your detailed explanation. 

Hi,

I tried this date parameter in IDE with the “Default” environment, it’s working fine.

However, when i changed from “Default” environment to the “ONE Platform” environment (because i’m using catalog item reader to read the data source from ONEWeb), the date parameter in the output filename no longer functioning as expected. What do I missed here? any special setting i need to do in order to get the date parameter work in One Platform environment?

Working in Default environment:

Not working in ONE Platform environment:

Thanks🙏🏼

Best Regards,

CF

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET