Skip to main content

Hi,

In the Monitoring Project there's a way to only display the data quality of the last run via Advanced settings

​​​​​

Is there also such a way to do accomplish this with Full Profiling on (SQL) Catalog Items?

Hello @JTH ,

Unfortunately at the moment it is not possible to configure data retention policies for profiling results and i'm not sure if there are any plans to add this functionality on the roadmap.
However, when you go to Profiling & DQ Insights tab under Catalog Item, the information you see there is based on the latest profiling run, but you also have an option to check historical results form previous runs.

I hope this answers your question.

Ivan

Hi @ivan.kozlov,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately this doesn't really help me because the goal is to have the same configuration/setup as the Monitoring Report. Meaning I want certain Catalog Items to only have and show the latest profiling run. Meaning anything older than the latest run will be automatically deleted. The use case would be to have SQL CIs that can be used as demo SQL CIs to show different customers where you would only show their data (filtered through query). The only downside is that I have to manually delete old profiling runs each and every time. For the Monitoring Project this is is not the case as it only shows the last run.

Again, thanks for your reply though - much appreciated 😀

Hi @JTH, if you’d like to edit your post slightly as product feedback, I can move it to the ideas forum. Please let me know 🙋‍♀️

@Cansu 😊

It wouldn't let me edit my post so I created a new idea instead: 

Thank you for letting me know!

Thank you @JTH! I’m happy to move it on your behalf next time 🙋‍♀️

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET