Skip to main content

Hi everyone, I'm Sathya, Solutions Consultant at Ataccama. In this post I am going to discuss about adding Data Classification and relationship types.

Step 1: Go to Global setting and you will see Metadata Model, click on Create Entity

Step 2: Once Create Entity page opens, fill the Name of the Entity: Data Classification

Step 3: 

Click Add Property and fill in the property needed for the Entity: Name and Description with its data type and hit save

Step 4: Goto Metadata Model under Global settings and search for metadata

Step 5: Click Add property: Fill in name, type: Embedded Object Array and Object type:dataClassification

Step 6: Goto Metadata Model under Global settings and search for term

Step 7: Click add property and Fill in data Classification type as Referenced Object, PII and CDE as Boolean

Step 8: Hit Apply changes and the System will be Switching to Maintenance mode

Step 9: Click DB backup and the application restarts.

Step 10: Click on Run changes again and all the changes updated successfully in MMM

Step 11: All the changes are updated

Step 12: To add new Data Classification: Public, Confidential and Internal Use Only and publish.

Step 13: To change the properties CDE and PII to upper case, property traits has to be added.

Step 14: Goto Metadata model and search for the Entity Term. Goto the property CDE and Click Add MMM trait

Step 15:

Fill in Trait name as fe:mmdProperty and Trait properties as

{    

"displayName": "My property"

}

Step 16: Hit apply changes and system switches to Maintenance mode

Step 17: Click DB backup and run changes

Step 18: All the properties are changed accordingly

I hope you found this article useful, please let us know if you have any questions or thoughts in the comments below

Be the first to reply!

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET