Skip to main content

Is it possible to include attachments (containing invalid records) from the export tab of the monitoring project to the notifications sent out to the users?

Hello @Gloria , AFAIK this is not possible for the out of the box notifications, but let me double check with the engineering. 

What you could do is to create an additional workflow deployed on the orchestration server where you could use the Send mail task that supports attachments.

So there would be basically two steps:

• In the post-processing of the monitoring project you save the export to Minio (that is also visible under the Export tab)
  • The workflow on the orchestration server would download the file from Minio and send it through the Send Mail step. 

The tricky part here is the timing of the workflow trigger, ideal would be to use the Notification handler to have the workflow triggered when the project is finished (so at the same time as the standard notification is sent).

Kind regards,

Anna

Hi @Gloria , I'm Nadya, a DQ product manager. I’m confirming what @anna.spakova wrote, this is the only solution. 

To better understand your request,  could you please clarify:

1. Who will be receiving these files, and what are their roles within the organization?
  2. What types of data domains will these files include, particularly if any sensitive information might be send? (because this might be a killer for security review)
  3. Do recipients of invalid samples have access to Monitoring projects? Might the ability to download the invalid samples be acceptable solution? 

Your responses will help us determine what security implication it might have and prioritize it accordingly. Thank you!

Thank you @anna.spakova, I will explore your suggestion. @Nadya Tsecb, your first 2 points have already been considered and addressed, while the third has been implemented, users can download invalid samples. The plan is to include these samples to the notification emails.

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET