Skip to main content

Hi everyone, I'm Sathya, Solutions Consultant at Ataccama. In this post I am going to talk about creating Data Domain , relationship using AQL expression.

Step 1: On the organization tab, go to Global settings

Step 2: Click Navigation Icon

Step 3: List of entities will be listed, under Business glossary we will have Data Domains

Step 4: Click on the 3 dots and click Add Child option to add a child to the list.

Step 5: Pop up window appears, fill in the details as follows:

1. Navigation item type: Listing
  2. Listing Node: Term
  3. Icon: Folders Text Medium
  4. Name: Fill the name of the Data Domain
  5. Save and publish.

Step 6: All the terms will be added to the Data domain. To filter out we have to update the AQL expression.

Step 7:Click on the 3 dots on the right corner of the terms page where the data domain is displayed and choose Edit page.

Step 8: In the Filter part we must fill in the AQL Expression

Step 9: Syntax for AQL expression:

name is "(name of the dataDomain)" OR @termRelationship(target).any(type.$id = (relationshiptypeid)' AND source.$id = 'parentTermId’)

Step 10:Once the AQL expression is saved and published the parent term appears in the Data domain layout.

Step 11: We must create the parent child relationship between the data domain and terms that has to be included in the Data domain. Choose the child term that you wanted to create a relationship, go to Relations tab, and select from the drop down.

Step 12: Add the term to the relations tab

Step 13: The related term from the previous step gets listed in the Data domain that we created.

Step 14: To edit the properties for the data domain, click on the edit.

Step 15: Fill in the required fields and hit save.

Step 16: Term has to be published, so click send for approval on the top right corner, in the drop down choose create new request.

Step 17: Fill in the name of the approval flow, click create new request, approve and publish.

Step 18:Term is now published with the updated property details.

I hope you found this article useful, please let us know if you have any questions or thoughts in the comments below.

Be the first to reply!

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET