Skip to main content

I’d like to check if I am listing the correct steps to add a DQ rule in an existing Monitoring Project, and the order in which to take them. I am quite new to Ataccama so please excuse my ignorance. Can anyone please confirm or adjust them?

Many thanks in advance!

How to add a DQ rule

1. Check if the rule you want to apply, already exists out of the box.
    For example, if you want to say a certain field cannot be empty, you can apply the predefined rule: String completeness.
    Other standard checks include validation of email addresses, and URLs.
  2. Go to Monitoring Project, tab Configuration & Results
  3. Choose the file you want to check (either a VCI or a Parquet File – the latter starts with PF).
  4. Choose which attribute you want to check
  5. In the 5th column, add: applied DQ checks
  6. Doublecheck whether the scoring of the rule is correct (some of the standard rules have a scoring of 0 – you might want to change that)
  7. In the upper right hand corner, choose “Publish”
  8. Run monitoring. This will take some time, depending on the size of the file.
    You can check the progress in the processing center, which is in the sidebar on the left, almost at the bottom.

Hi @Liane - your step by step looks exactly right!

A couple of notes:

On p.3, if you need to add a new file (catalog item) into the project, you can do that by clicking +ADD on the right-hand side:

On p.6, remember that updating a rule's implementation, e.g. changing its conditions, scoring, explanations, etc. will trickle down to all instances of this rule. Check the rule's Occurrence tab to see where this rule is used - if it's used across multiple projects you may want to consult with their owners about the impacts of the change you want to make.

Hope this helps! 

Thanks Lisa!

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET