Skip to main content

Нello, everyone
I need to find attributes that are not linked business terms specifically with the name of tables and attributes. Using the "Filter" tab, I wrote such a query schema is 'cli_dwh' and attributes.any(termInstances.count() == 0) using step ONE Metadata Reader, but it seems it takes only the schema but skips the business term, gives a list of attributes that are already linked to the business term. Can you give advice on this problem?

I will be very grateful for your help🤗

Thank you!

Hello @FCB developer ,

I apologize for the delay in the answer, I think I answered it previously but the answer probably didn't go through.

For your question, I see two things that are problematic in your query:

The "any" after attributes basically says, that you want to filter such CIs where there is at least some attribute without any business terms. But you want such CIs, where there are no business terms on all terms. So the key word is actually all.

Second thing, using the property "schema" doesn't work for all CIs because this property isn't populated for all technologies. Usually it works with standard relational databases, but for some other (big data, S3, ...) this property is empty. It is safer to use the property $parent which means usually schema, but it can be also a folder (in S3), database (Teradata) etc. So I would change the query like this:

$parent.name is 'cli_dwh' and attributes.all(termInstances.count() == 0) 

I tested it and it seems to work.

Btw this query only takes into account terms on attributes, if you would like to also consider terms on the CI itself, you need to add "and termInstances.count() == 0" at the beginning, middle or the end of the current query.

Kind regards,
Anna

@anna.spakova Hello! Thank you for your assistance; it has been very helpful. Can I ask a question about this?

I need to find all tables of attributes with no associated terms from the business term group: "FCB 360 Data attributes." The term "FCB 360 Data attributes" has multiple child terms.Is there a way to find tables that have no attribute of an unrelated term from the group of business terms: FCB 360 Data attributes. if it is possible to find at least with Desktop

I will be very grateful for your help🤗

Thank you!

Hi @aakhmetkan and anyone looking for the answer to this please check out to the post here 🙋🏻‍♀️

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET