Skip to main content

Hi everyone!

How can we avoid manually changing stewards for all business terms and catalog items in Ataccama One? 

I will be very grateful for your help

Thank you!

Hi @FCB developer,

You could consider using a different modeling approach. I mean the following. The data steward is a standard property for a term. When a data steward owns 1000 terms, leaves the company and another steward is to be assigned to those terms, that is quite cumbersome. That is the essence of your problem right? If so, there may be smart ways to do a mass-update by means of GraphQL or by applying a desktop plan. 

Another type of solution is to adjust the metamodel, where the data steward is indirectly linked to a term. As follows:

• Create new entity team, with properties name and dataSteward (being a reference to person).
  • Add team as embedded object array in metadata, in order to make it visible in the user interface.
  • Create a new property in term called something like owningTeam, being a reference to team.
  • Register the data steward for each team.
  • Assign the owning team in the term's pages.
  • Now when there is a need to update the data steward, it will only be necessary to update the team's details, not 1000 terms.

This suggestion may not be really helpful for you as you already have assigned data stewards to terms, but nevertheless I wanted to share my thoughts for others to avoid ending up in such a situation.

Best regards, Albert

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET