Skip to main content

My organization runs McAfee antivirus.  I’ve just tried out the DQ Analyzer 11 tool and really like it, but it takes forever to start up or perform any actions.  Just starting up, the antivirus pegs 1 CPU for about 30 minutes before the application starts.  And then various actions like starting a new profile or clicking a menu item will also be delayed by several minutes at least.

We’ve tried excluding the install directory, but it hasn’t helped.  Any ideas?  Has anyone else run into this issue before, and how did you solve it?

Hi Justin,

We have tested this on our end and everything seems to be working fine. We do not have any issues with the performance of DQA. As I can see from the screenshot that you Antivirus is already using 24% of your CPU so it might be the cause of the performance issues with DQA. Can you contact your security team and test it while the antivirus/constant-scan feature is turned off?

Thanks,
Chandan

Thanks for the replace Chandan.  The antivirus at 24% is because I had just launched DQA.  The antivirus stays at that level until the app finishes launching, around 30 minutes later.  Then, clicking on a menu option triggers the antivirus again and causes DQA to go into “(Not Responding)” status.  It stays around 25% for a few minutes, then back to 0% once DQA responds again.  They are most definitely correlated, so I was just curious if anyone else is running enterprise-wide McAfee and what they have done to exclude DQA from it.

We will continue testing and trying things on our end.

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET