Skip to main content
Question

Getting Stewardship information through graphql

• 12 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone!

Im not sure if this is possible, but I have not been able to find a query to find who the stewards are of a particular catalogItem. Specifically I am interested in getting the data owner and then using this in another part of my project.

I do have the Attribute Id of the catalog item and my atacamma playground is working I just cant seem to find specifically what query I need the make.

Thank you for any help!

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @apejko ,

You can achieve this by using metadata reader steps if you want a bunch of catalog items and the associated data stewards. The stewardship is inherited from the source or if the stewardship is changed manually. You can use the below plan to achieve this by using the metadata reader steps.

This graphql is for a particular data stewardship. If you provide the data stewardship you will get the data owner names from this.

query GetStewardshipInfo($groupGid: GID!) {
_stewardship(groupId: $groupGid) {
gid
name
roles {
gid
governanceRoleName
governanceRoleDescription
users {
gid
username
__typename
}
__typename
}
__typename
}
}

Variables

{
"groupGid": "15bbce34-0000-7000-0000-00000047025b"
}

For this group id you can use the stewardship id and you get this by going into the front end globalsettings ->groups->select data office for example you can see the id in the url. 

Hope this helps

Regards,

Srija Piratla

Userlevel 1

Hi @apejko ,

You can achieve this by using metadata reader steps if you want a bunch of catalog items and the associated data stewards. The stewardship is inherited from the source or if the stewardship is changed manually. You can use the below plan to achieve this by using the metadata reader steps.

This graphql is for a particular data stewardship. If you provide the data stewardship you will get the data owner names from this.

query GetStewardshipInfo($groupGid: GID!) {
_stewardship(groupId: $groupGid) {
gid
name
roles {
gid
governanceRoleName
governanceRoleDescription
users {
gid
username
__typename
}
__typename
}
__typename
}
}

Variables

{
"groupGid": "15bbce34-0000-7000-0000-00000047025b"
}

For this group id you can use the stewardship id and you get this by going into the front end globalsettings ->groups->select data office for example you can see the id in the url. 

Hope this helps

Regards,

Srija Piratla

Is it possible to get the data owner aswell with the metadata reader? Currently we have all our data owners populated, but not the data stewards, so when I run the metadata reader it returns nothing for the stewardship column. Preferably im trying to get the owners userId so I can use it in a different part of my plan.