Skip to main content

Hello: I have a use case where when the data in a given column - for a key changes from previous day to next day - that should trigger an alert/notification

For Ex: Security Ratings, and/or ESG ratings generally dont change for a given security. I have a table that has one record for each day for each security. And the ratings are in the columns of that table. Now - on a regular day - all ratings from previous day should be same for next day, and day after (until it changes). And on the day when it changes - i want to capture that security, ,what field changed - what was yesterday;s value vs todays value.

The way - i would like to solve this - is create a SQLCatalog item - with previous day - and current day values combined into one dataset for each security and write scripts to compare them one by one, and report any changes. But I want to know if there is an out of box - date driven compare that can be done for this.

I also had this kind of scenario, and I achieved this using sql query(LAG function) and updated the unique entries(combination of multiple columns) in .lkp file. @Prasad Rani 

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET