The metadata model is used to configure the application entities and their properties. The Metadata Model describes the entities and their properties in the application. Web Application) use the Metadata Model to create the frontend user interface. The metadata model is also responsible for the configuration of the left navigation menu of the application.
ONE METADATA PROPERTY REFERENCES
Entities consist of properties of Simple types, such as strings and integers, and Object types, which link the entity to other entities.
ADDING NEW ENTITY TO MMM MODEL
If you are creating an entity using the user interface, you must then add it as a property of the root entity metadata and then publish
For example, if we need to add a new entity under Business Glossary named (TestEntity) to the MMM model
- Click on the Global settings on the left panel
- Choose Metadata Model under Maintenance Center
- We must create a new entity under Term so click on create entity
- Fill in the name of the Entity, and choose the extends field as it must be under term
- After Name and extends field is filled in click save
- Then Hover over Metadata Model and hit Apply changes
- Click proceed so that the Application will be switching to Maintenance mode
- In the Maintenance mode confirm the check box to create Database backup and hit continue
- Application will switch to restart mode and asks for confirmation for the changes. Hit Run changes
- Once the changes are updated, the application will switch to Normal mode.
- Click the Business Glossary on the left panel and check the new Entity created under Business Glossary. Test Entity has been created under Business Glossary
Thank you for the article!