Reference Data Management

Instant trigger at database tables, if inserts, updates or deletes in RDM data.

• 18 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello all,

I am looking for the live reflection of changes at rdm data and its corresponding tables in the database. As per my understanding from documentation the rdm acts as --

While installation RDM it configures RDM database as well, when ever the new table or any changes to the existing tables done in the data logical model it automatically reflects in database as well, for this process we define the database names while creating a table in data logical model.
    RDM can synchronize reference data in its repository with any other defined databases. For this process it required to create separate plans/components, the workflow and need to be scheduled for regular runs by the Task Scheduler. In-fact it seems no mechanism for live updates to the table which is located in external data base. the red color shows the data is published in RDM and waiting to run the scheduling process to affect the changes in the database. The green color confirms the changes after running the scheduling process.

2 replies

Badge

Hello all,

I am looking for the live reflection of changes at rdm data and its corresponding tables in the database. As per my understanding from documentation the rdm acts as --

While installation RDM it configures RDM database as well, when ever the new table or any changes to the existing tables done in the data logical model it automatically reflects in database as well, for this process we define the database names while creating a table in data logical model.
    RDM can synchronize reference data in its repository with any other defined databases. For this process it required to create separate plans/components, the workflow and need to be scheduled for regular runs by the Task Scheduler. In-fact it seems no mechanism for live updates to the table which is located in external data base. the red color shows the data is published in RDM and waiting to run the scheduling process to affect the changes in the database. The green color confirms the changes after running the scheduling process.

Please share your experience if you are implemented - Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello Shree,

What you are requesting can be configured via an "On Publish Action" in RDM. This feature allows you to configure an action to happen after any publishing event and notify any system integrated with RDM. Since the actions is exposed as a SOAP web service action with a DQC plan behind it, there is a lot of customization possible to suit your needs. 

If you want to learn more about the OnPublish Action and how to configure it, I suggest checking our documentation on it or the preconfigured soap action in the RDM Banking Example in the Ataccama ONE IDE. 

And for a details about creating a customized solution for your organization on taking part in a training on how to use the out of the box feature, please contact your account manager. 

Regards,

Maksim