Solved

RDM reverse synchronization not working

• 5 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hello community,

I’m implementing the RDM synchronization to sync data with a database. However, the data seems to sync only one way, which is from the RDM to the database. Whenever I add an additional record to the database manually, it gets removed after performing synchronization, and they don’t appear in the RDM inputs view.

I have “Use Reverse Synchronization” enabled and followed the steps from Configuring RDM Synchronization with External Databases - Ataccama ONE Gen2 Platform Latest.

If anyone knows how to get this working, could you please guide me on this?

icon

Best answer by tomas.reichel 24 January 2023, 12:23

View original

5 replies

Badge +1

Hello, try to run system input plan before synchronization plan.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thank you, Tomas. I’ll try this out.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hello Tomas,

I hope you are doing great.

I tried running the plans in your order, but it’s still not working. When I add a new record to the table on the database and run all those synchronization plans after (in your order), the new record in the database is removed, and it also doesn’t appear in the INPUT view perspective too.

In addition, I find it strange that in the INPUT perspective, all the records in the table are marked for DELETION (with a red dot). Does this a normal behavior, or am I missing something here?

Thank you

Badge +1

Hello, in the perspective combo (that says INPUTS now) there is also set up filters button, in the set up you should be able to enable incremental comparison.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thank you, Tomas.

I used the setup filters option to select the right Inputs and Systems, and now in the INPUT perspective, the dot appears as orange when the records are edited from the database. And I am able to import the changes from the INPUT to EDIT perspective by following the steps from the link, which is Create Grouped Records and then Merge (this is not the 100% right doc. for this, please feel free to let me know if there is a dedicated doc. on this topic).

However, the creation and deletion of the records still don’t seem to be working properly.

1. Create Grouped Records, and Merge doesn’t import a new (green) record like it does with an edited (orange) record.
  2. The deletion is quite strange because it put the record to empty every field (the last record in the image below) instead of the red dot usually seen in RDM.

Could you please help me with these two issues? or if you happen to know the document on this specific topic, please feel free to point me to it.

Thank you