Solved

RDM Incremental load to CONFIRM state

• 12 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hello, community

I want to implement an RDM solution where we periodically load the data from a database and import them to RDM in the published state. Each load could contain new and updated records.

So I set the RDM Importer step to load data to CONFIRM state in the INCREMENTAL fashion (which as description state: new records are imported, existing records not present in the input file are untouched, matched records are updated).

However, I encountered an error indicating the “Key” is already exist when execute the plan.

Could anyone help me on this please? I’m not sure the incremental option only works for loading to EDIT state or do I need to setup anything additionally in the column section.

Thank you in advance

icon

Best answer by AKislyakov 13 April 2023, 11:09

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi pdanpoonkij,

The RDM Importer step is able to load data in Confirm state if no confirmation workflow is assigned for a table.

I believe the problem you have is because of history import. Probably (and you should check this with a support) when History Importer imports history data it fails to adjust HCN, so when next publish happens the HCN number conflicts with whatever exists in the history table.

If I’m right the same error should appear in the UI if you’ll try to change same record.

As a workaround, restarting the rdm app after history import should be enough.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thank you, AKislyakov. I’m not sure what happened, but when I executed the plan again after restarting the Rdm, and it was able to run in the incremental way without an issue.