Solved

Inquiry about RDM Merge Importer Step

• 16 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hello community,

I am trying to implement the RDM database synchronization. However, the data from a database does not seem to be loaded back to RDM; thus, I checked the system_input plan, which is the plan that is supposed to load data back to the RDM. The key step is the RDM Merge Importer that loads data back, but after I ran the plan, there does not seem to be any data loaded to the RDM in any viewing perspective.

I also notice that the column rdm_primary_key is null for every record not in RDM prior to entering the Importer step. I’m not sure if this is an issue either.

Does anyone familiar with the RDM Merge Importer step? Could you please guide me on how to use this step properly?

Thank you in advance 😀

icon

Best answer by AKislyakov 16 March 2023, 09:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi pdanpoonkij,

Are you sure you need the RDM Merge Importer step? This step imports data in the INPUTS mode so a user can manually verify the changes and publish the data. The mode is by default disabled in the application configuration.

If this is not the case, I suggest you use RDM Importer step instead. It could be configured to import data either in Published or Edited state. You can find example how to use the step in RDM Banking Example project. The Files\plans\synchronization\FTs\imports\Currency_CURRENCY_import plan.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thank you, AKislyakov. I will try this and let you know how it goes.