Skip to main content

Hello, 

Is it possible to mask attributes that are classified as restricted/confidential using Ataccama One Web? I was able to assign rules and terms to attributes, but I was not able to create/apply any masking methods. Please let me know if anyone has tried this before. 

Thanks in advance!

Hi Prithika! I am struggling with the same issue. My understanding (arising from several tickets and conversations with the Ataccama team) is that this feature is available in the newest version of Ataccama, 15.2, but not in any other versions. Would love to hear how others manage this in older versions. 

Hi Prithika! I am struggling with the same issue. My understanding (arising from several tickets and conversations with the Ataccama team) is that this feature is available in the newest version of Ataccama, 15.2, but not in any other versions. Would love to hear how others manage this in older versions. 

It will be interesting to know the extent of what “available” means here, due to the lack of information around this functionality in the release notes..

It will be interesting to know the extent of what “available” means here, due to the lack of information around this functionality in the release notes..

I absolutely agree… I will include the response I have received regarding the matter below. It seems this will be limited to column hiding rather than masking.

Hello Willoh,

I have checked and can confirm that row level data hiding feature is available on 15.2.1 version.

I can further confirm that the feature do not mask the data, but rather hide the data in that column.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns regarding this one.

Further enquiry in a Power BI context specifically (potential for handling RLS, so not exactly masking): 

I’ve discussed the issue internally with our Dev team and they think the reason this doesn’t work is because RLS is not currently supported by our application. The current implementation is missing the mapping logic between our platform and PowerBI to pass through the credentials, and will require a feature request to be created as our Devs don’t consider this to be a bug but a limitation of the product. To create a feature request, can you please go to our Community Portal. and in your own words describe the issue you’d like to be fixed. Once that’s done, our Dev team will take the feature into consideration.

Overall, hoping to see more done about these subjects in future releases. Would greatly increase the value of Ataccama to our company. 

Hi everyone, thank you for sharing your thoughts. @Willoh has kindly created an idea post here if you’d like to support it by giving an upvote 🙋‍♀️

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET