Solved

how to detect duplicate records in One Web?

• 11 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello all, I have a task of detecting duplicate records from particular tables. So is there anyone who know about creating rule for this, a rule to detect duplicate values and mark it using One Web and One Desktop?

icon

Best answer by anna.spakova 11 May 2023, 14:57

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello @suryakanth.Emisha, I am not sure what is your version, but in the current version of Ataccama ONE you can define Aggregation rules which also include Uniqueness rules. In the documentation there is an example how to configure a uniqueness rule that will chek if the combination some attributes is unique or if there are any duplicates in the data: https://support.ataccama.com/home/docs/aip/13.9.0/user-guides/one-web-application-user-guide/data-quality/working-with-rules/aggregation-rules#AggregationRules-UniqueGroup 

Is it what you were looking for?

Kind regards,

Anna

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello @anna.spakova , thanks for the help. I’ll try this method and let you know the resultant later tomorrow!

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @suryakanth.Emisha, could you let us know if everything worked as planned 👀

If yes, we would appreciate it if you could take a moment to mark Anna’s answer “Best Answer” and vote on the topic survey. Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@anna.spakova , i have to check for duplicates based on one particular attribute, so the documentation which you referred works fine with two values, i have to check with one. Should i go with creating lookup or is there any other way you know?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@suryakanth.Emisha the principle is still the same, in your case simply use just one attribute to create the group and then follow the instructions.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’ve worked on this method now and waiting to know the result of this from my seniors, thanks for the help @anna.spakova !