Solved

Term insights (term suggestions)

• 26 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi, 

I notice that for some of my terms, the visual Insights is visible and for others it is not. What is the reason for this?

Second question: I would want to automatically assign terms. if the column is named wnplts then I want to assign the term Residence to it. Is there an easy way to do this? Detection rules seem to look at the value and not at the column name.

kind regards, Jur Dördregter

icon

Best answer by joyce 26 April 2024, 18:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @jdordregter! Depending on the user’s access, they will see certain term suggestions. If a user is limited to seeing source A then they will not be able to see any term suggestions made on tables from source B. You can find additional information on User Access Management here

To create a detection rule based on the column name, create a rule then under “Select Rule type” click Term Detection Rule “Based on metadata”.

The following detection rule looks at whether a column name is wnplts.

Case Sensitive (“wnplts” must be lowercase): 

Case Insensitive: 

Once you’ve created the detection rule, map the rule to your Residence Term under Settings. 

More information about creating Detection Rules can be found here. Hope this helps! 

Badge +1

@joyce that is a great reply, very detailed with the screenshots, thanks for that. Only thing is that we are currently working with 13.94 which does not hold this functionality I think, but we are looking forward to this in future versions.