Solved

Regular scanning of data schemas to detect the appearance of new tables: metadata import

• 19 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hello everyone!
In the new version of Ataccama 14.5, how is the configuration done for regular scanning of data schemas to detect the appearance of new tables: metadata import? I need to regularly automatically import tables based on a specific schema that are not in the Catalog Item.

I will be very grateful for your help🤗

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Cansu 10 January 2024, 12:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @FCB developer, we have recently published one of our latest live trainings on ONE Desktop Metadata and DQ steps, you can find the recording here. Our trainer covered briefly working with tables as well, please let me know if that helps 🙋‍♀️

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @Cansu, the online training is more focused on data quality, I need to import tables from the Source to a Catalog Item. It didn't help me, I'm sorry.🙁

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @FCB developer thanks for getting back to me! Regular scanning will automatically import new tables without any user interventions. If you need more control over that, you could use the Observability module, which would highlight changes in the schemas. Another option could be to create an API call to import specific tables etc.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I’m closing this post @FCB developer, if you have any additional questions please feel free to drop them here or create a new post  🙋‍♀️