Solved

Migration from 13.9 to 14.5 requires a lot of manual actions.

• 2 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello Dears,

Who went through migration from 13.9 to 14.5  or even to 15.2? How did it go?

We were planning to upgrade soon to 14.5, but were surprised realizing how much manual activities it will take from our side. Such as recreating all monitoring projects, lookup files, post processing… 

My question: will migration to newer version always required so much manual intervention or it is only when it comes to migration from 13.9 to 14.5?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Maria 

icon

Best answer by anna.spakova 3 April 2024, 16:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Maria Golikova ,

the upgrade to v14.5 from v13 doesn’t require any manual tasks to migrate projects, lookups etc., that is all automatic and the actual upgrade is done by the Ataccama cloud team in your case (as you are on PaaS). The only manual work that needs to be done, is:

• the migration of permissions because the user management changed completely in v14 and there is no automatic migration possible. This part requires your assistance to model the new permissions scheme.
  • the migration of approval workflow if you are using it (v14 introduced a new approval model, for the default one there is an automated inbuilt migration flow available, for any custom one it would require some manual work).

It is also recommended to test all integrations (if built), esp. the ones that use Ataccama APIs to import/export objects, as well as any custom orchestration workflows, that could be impacted by changes in the API. However, I am not aware of any significant changes so far and the Ataccama team can assist you with that if necessary.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Anna

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello @Maria Golikova,

Further to @anna.spakova, we have an upgrade process led in part by the folks that onboarded your team to the PaaS Platform. As you look to plan ahead for the upgrade, we will be involved in helping ensure your upgrade goes as smooth as possible. When the time comes, we have documentation on the items to look out for as you edge closer to the upgrade. (i.e. the upgrade to the IDE tool, requesting updated licenses and more). 

Please feel free to reach out to me for any further questions. David.Suen@ataccama.com

Sincerely,

David