F.A.Q.

How to Export Profiles to Open Standard Formats

How to Export Profiles to Open Standard Formats
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
  • Community Manager
  • 250 replies

DQC profiles can be opened by Ataccama tools, but they can also be exported, so users with no access to the tool can view results or manage them. There are two formats offered: HTML for visual purposes, and XML for processing and information management purposes.

To export a profile, follow these steps:

1. Open the profile to be exported
  2. Click the Export button
  3. Select the data to be exported
  4. Click Next to choose which format it should be exported to

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi,

When doing profiling via Desktop the Profiling step leads to a .profile file. As described above when opening the file in Desktop you can export the results to XML or HTML. About this I have two questions.

1. When copying the HTML file to another location I cannot open the file anymore, the browser indicating ‘It may have been moved, edited, or deleted.'.  How can this moved file be made visible? I would expect that if all content is kept in 1 HTML file, it could be opened irrespective its location.
  2. It feels a bit awkward to have to manually export the profiling results to XML/HTML. Is there a way to automate this? 
    It would actually be nice to have this as export options in the Profiling step already.

Kind regards,

Albert

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @Albert de Ruiter 

You can switch Profiling configuration to Advanced layout (button in Top right corner)

This will provide you with additional options like export to file (XML or JSON) or Export to Endpoint.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @AKislyakov, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

In the Help I cannot find the meaning of Export to Endpoint. Do you have an idea?

Kind regards,

Albert

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

It’ll add an out endpoint to Profiling step. The out will contain a single row with the profiling results in a JSON format, so you can use it in subsequent steps to apply transformations or send elsewhere.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Ah like that, thanks a lot for clarifying 🙂