Question

Exporting Monitoring Projects

• 22 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello everyone,

We recently upgraded to version 13.9.3, and gained the ability to export DQ rules from one Ataccama environment and import them into another. This works great, but I need to do the same thing for our monitoring projects. I would like to be able to export them from DEV and import them into a higher environment.  Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be a plan available in my version to export monitoring projects.

Has anybody figured out a way to migrate monitoring projects without recreating them in each environment?

Alternately, I am considering trying to write my own plan. Is there any documentation out there on how to write the JSON for export plans?

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @ChrisAbdelmalek, welcome to the community, and thank you for posting!

Have you had a chance to check out our documentation on Import and Export? Please let me know if this helps, I’ll be checking in with our consultants internally for further information as well 👍

Badge +2

Hello Cansu,

Yes, I have read that documentation. It states that a plan to export monitoring projects does not exist “out-of-the-box”. It also shows you the steps to create your own export plan. But when it comes to the actual JSON it only says:

“Enter export instructions directly in the application (Write manually) or select a previously prepared export plan (Upload).”

It doesn’t explain how to write an export plan. I am familiar with JSON, but I don’t know how to write an export pan. So I was hoping that someone in the community has either already written an export plan for monitoring projects, or that you could point me to documentation on how to write my own.

Thanks,

--Chris