Data Quality checks on catalog item can they automatically come into monitoring project when that item is added to MP?

• 2 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Data Quality checks on catalog item can they automatically come into monitoring project when that item is added to MP?

Here is my challenge:

I have catalog items with 20 or more checks. If i add them to monitoring project - it does not automatically show as “Data Quality” for that catalog item itself. And when i add the checks to the Catalog item, they are not coming to monitoring project when i add that catalog item to the MP.

Iam needing to add/configure all the rules separaely - both at Catalog item level (to get DQ percent score for that object), and also at the Monitoring project level.

Is it possible to add the DQ rules - just to the Catalog item, and when I add that catalog item to the MP, it should automatically bring the existing rules on that object into the MP?

​​​​

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @Prasad Rani! You can create a plan using ONE Desktop to extract Catalog Item DQ rules and map them to the associated Monitoring Project Catalog Item. It may be redundant to map DQ rules to both the Catalog Item and Monitoring Project. Depending on your use-case, I would recommend mapping DQ rules to either the Catalog Item or Monitoring Project. Monitoring Projects allows you to extract invalid records to a database/text file, provides invalid DQ rule explanation record counts, Report (DQ rule groupings within Reports), schedule DQ monitoring, set DQ thresholds percentages per DQ rule mapping and notifications. Mapping DQ rules on the Catalog Item allows you to schedule DQ evaluation on a single Catalog Item. Hope this helps!