Skip to main content

I want to export DQ Evaluation Rules from Ataccama ONE and import them onto another Ataccama environment. To my knowledge, this will require an export plan. However, I’m unsure how to configure the JSON file for the plan.

Could anyone guide me on this, please? Thank you in advance

I believe you don’t have to create an export plan as it should be already a part of an application, at least for the version I have at the moment:

To export DQ rules (in 13.9.1) you can navigate to the Rules list view and select Export list of items in triple dot menu: (It looks like animated gifs are not supported here :(  )

animated gif

Hello Maxim Kim. I’m using version 13.8.0, and there is no “DQ Rules” export on the “Import and Export” page.

I cannot view your gif file due to access restrictions, but I think you might be showing the export by ticking on the rule. This option is grayed out in my environment.

Could you share the JSON configuration in the DQ Rules export plan? So that I could create this in my environment. Thank you

> May I ask which version of Ataccama you are using?

version 13.9.1

> cannot view your gif file due to access restriction
This is unfortunate. Let’s try github gists: https://gist.github.com/habamax/d45d7e92ce6e17e0297e4de8340ece95?permalink_comment_id=4423441#gistcomment-4423441

> Could you share the JSON configuration in the DQ Rules export plan

Sure, although due to version difference it might not work as it depends on the data model which most probably differs.

Thank you Maxim Kim. From the GIF instruction, the export button on my environment is grayed out, but the rest of the instructions are informative.

Also, I tried creating an export plan with your provided JSON, which I think might work. However, I cannot confirm this because I cannot delete the rules that have been exported, but after import, the rule information and state will be overridden with the one from import.

I cannot delete the rule that has been exported due to some dependencies.

Do you have a problem deleting rules that have been exported in your 13.9.1 environment too?

I can not delete any rule that has a dependency, no matter if I exported it or not.

As a side note, there is a special trait that could be added to an entity that will make deletion “cascade-alike”, but it is not there for rules by default afaik.

To test, you can try to create a new rule, which is not refereneced by any term or a dq monitoring project and
1. export it
2. delete it
3. import it back

I think there might be something wrong with my platform. I got the same dependencies error even for deleting newly created rules. But the rules are deleted 1-2 seconds later regardless. However, when importing the rule back, I got an error about the duplicated key.

Regardless, my platform is scheduled to be upgraded to 13.9 soon so I might have better luck then. Thank you very much, Maxim Kim.

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET