Solved

Monitoring Project Export Rule Names

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

What does the id mention in invalid_rules column in Monitoring Project Export refer to?
the alphanumeric term within() after rule name as in the image below

Is this the ruleId of the rule? If not, what does this refer to?
Is there a way I can configure Metadata Export step to give rule id?

icon

Best answer by anna.spakova 21 March 2023, 11:32

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello,

the ID reffers to DQ Check ID, that is an instance of the DQ rule used in the monitoring project. It’s not the ID of the DQ rule itself that you can see in the URL when you open the rule.

The export is not configurable, but if you need to get the DQ rule ID, you can use ONE Metadata Reader step to obtain the dqCheck object and there is a property called target, which is a reference of the actual DQ rule:

So you can use the ID from the export (DQ Check ID) and the Id from the Metadata reader (dqCheck_id in the picture above) as a join and get the target (= rule ID).

Anna

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thank you Anna :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hey @anna.spakova I have a follow-up question on this if you could help:

I want to add the name of the steward (obtained from a join of metadata of catalogItem in a monitoring project entity and persons entity’s data) into the export component. The end result I’m trying to obtain here is to have a steward column in the Monitoring Project Export so when the report is downloaded from the ONE webapp, it has the steward name of the catalog that the Report belongs to.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Here’s what I have been able to do till now
I have the steward details of required catalogItem(Please refer the plan image below).
I am using the customers catalog item that comes with default setup of webapp(v14.2).The Monitoring Project is default one- Customer DQ Report.
Please let me know if you need the plan file I am using.
I think I am in the right direction but I am not sure how I can join the Export component(Post Processin) Integration Input to the steward details I have fetched

Thanks In Advance 🙂

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello @aiwalia,

if I am not mistaken, the integration input in the post-processing component does not contain any information regarding the catalog item for which the post-processing component is created. So you have to populate this value manually. You have following options:

• You would add a new column using Alter format step (e.g. “catalogItem_id”) with the ID of the catalog item for which you are doing the post-processing. This should be the global ID of the catalog item (you can find it in the URL of the catalog item, when you open it in the browser). Then you simply join this new column with the Metadat reader step that reads catalogItem entity (you already have it).

• You will insert a filter into the One metadata reader step (last tab) that reads catalog item, the filter would be $id = ‘<ID of the catalog item>’. This would make sure only the desired catalogItem is downloaded.

Neither of the solution is ideal, if you have multiple of these post-processing components, you have to do it for all of them. But the ID of the CIs will never change.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Yep @anna.spakova  I’ve done the exact same thing in the post processing plan.
This works but I am stuck at yet another interesting step after I publish the post processing component into the webapp. It has to do with the Server Definition in the Metadata Reader. Since I define the server on IDE, the webapp doesnt recognise it. I’m raising a ticket regarding this as well. But please let me know if you have ever encountered anything simiar or are familiar with the solution for this.

Thanks a lot for all the help. Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello, yes, you need to define the connection through global runtime configuration: https://support.ataccama.com/home/docs/aip/latest/installation-guides/one-platform-configuration-reference/configuring-the-dpx-modules/dpm-configuration#DPMConfiguration-GlobalRuntimeConfiguration Until v13.9 this was defined in the DPM application.properties, from version 14 it is done through DPM console. I will see if we have any guidelines for this.

Anna

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Please refer to this documentation for v14: https://support.ataccama.com/home/docs/aip/latest/development-guides/one-development-guide/dpm-admin-console/dpm-and-dpe-configuration-in-dpm-admin-console

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks @anna.spakova . But I don’t see the dpm admin console details under Services tab of my Partner Portal 

Do you have any idea how I can access it or raise an access for it?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello, the URL of DPM admin console in portal is I believe dpm-one-<rest of the url> (so just add dpm- before the URL link). Then it’s under Configuration → Runtime Configuration:

It’s possible, though, that you don’t have the permissions to change this. In that case, you have to create a support ticket. I am not 100% sure how the permissions are configured in PaaS for partners.

Anna