Skip to main content

Hi, is it possible to use data from two data sources in one catalog item? Is there an instruction regarding such task? Let’s say we have data in ERP and separate data in MDM tool, which are not the part of the ERP itself, and we want to check if data in both are consistent for same records. We’ve heard, that it should be done by converting catalog items in IDE (at least for Gen1), but I’m not sure how should it be working. 

Reconciliation of data in both the source systems?  If they are part of same database you can write a SQL Catalog item query and create in ONE web as one catalog item. Per my understanding this would be an IDE plan reading the data sources and having a joiner in between.

Hi, no - by two data sources I meant two separate databases, so SQL Catalog Item can’t be used for that case. I’ve tried using Transform Data / IDE Component in Catalog Item view, by simple joining data from both catalog items, but it didn’t work and profiling was not executed, hence I’m not sure if that was the right solution for this kind of task. 

@bartlomiej.konopka For data coming from multiple sources, you have to use IDE and create a Joiner with Left outer condition. This should give you the matching and non matching values etc. Then add a filter to get rid of matching and report on Non-Matching values. 

For Profiling the tables, you should use DQC step.

Hi, thank you. We’ve tried it and we received some errors, so our consultant is now looking into the issue internally. 

Thanks @bartlomiej.konopka . Do updated when you find a solution, might be useful for the broader team here

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET