Skip to main content

Hi everyone! I’m wondering if its possible to trigger or use the Review workflow from one desktop? For instance, im currently updating a large amount of attribute descriptions and am publishing them with one desktop. Whenever I use the One Metadata writer it will apply the descriptions automatically without further approval.

I would like to know if its possible to write the descriptions and then have them sent to the tasks board for the data owner to review and approve or deny.

Example of what im trying to do:

1. Use one desktop to write descriptions to attributes
  2. Review workflow is triggered, and new descriptions are assigned to data owner for review (preferably in batches of 15-20 if possible)
  3. Owner either approves changes, causing descriptions to be updated or denies them causing no change to descriptions

Thank you for any help!

Hello, 

I believe I see the vision you are trying to achieve here and I have a pretty good option on how to make something similar to this happen. When importing the descriptions to attributes I recommend setting the workflow state to “Draft” 

After this step is completed you could use a workflow to send the owner an email with a workflow step called “Send email” in which you could customize to include the name of the table that is needed to be worked on. 

However, you bring up a good point of adding this as a notification workflow. please allow me some time to take a deeper dive into this and hopefully this solution would be helpful for the time being!

Thank you,

Ilan Boiangin

Hello, 

I believe I see the vision you are trying to achieve here and I have a pretty good option on how to make something similar to this happen. When importing the descriptions to attributes I recommend setting the workflow state to “Draft” 

After this step is completed you could use a workflow to send the owner an email with a workflow step called “Send email” in which you could customize to include the name of the table that is needed to be worked on. 

However, you bring up a good point of adding this as a notification workflow. please allow me some time to take a deeper dive into this and hopefully this solution would be helpful for the time being!

Thank you,

Ilan Boiangin

Thank you I will try this!

Alternatively I have also been playing around with making a graphql query that creates a main task assigned to the data owner and populates it with subtasks that are all assigned to the individual tables. If this yields any results I will post it here.

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET