Skip to main content

Hello! I am looking for assistance with applying filters to rules. Currently, I understand that the "where" clause can be used in rules, but it seems to apply to all records uniformly. 

What I need is a way to create a rule that only affects a subset of the data, so that the total count of records affected by the rule is different from the total count of records in the Catalog Item. For example, if I have a dataset with 1000 records, I want to create a rule that only applies to, say, 200 of those records based on specific criteria, without affecting the other 800 records. So if there is 100 records failing the result should be 100/200 instead of 100/1000.

Is there a way to achieve this selective application of rules? Any guidance or examples on how to set this up would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

As far as I understand this is not supported. If you create an “ideas” post about this I’ll gladly upvote!

Hi @maykwok_hamilton, I created an idea about it here: Selective Rule Application for Subsets of Data | Community (ataccama.com) 

Hi @Vanja Gilbert as May mentioned above this is not available for the moment, thank you for creating an idea! I’m closing this thread, please feel free to follow up here with any of your questions or create a new post 🙋‍♀️

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET