Skip to main content

Hello, I’m trying to mask certain attributes in a table and be able to export them while exporting the table as a file. Is it possible to mask them as part of the JSON code while creating an export plan or create masking rules and apply it to the attributes and then export them. (using ataccama ONE Web). Has anyone tried doing this before or has any idea about this? Please let me know!

Thank you,

Prithika 

Hello Prithika,

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking about the Import & Export feature in Ataccama ONE and wondering if it is possible to create a custom export plan with modified JSON code.

You should note that this function is meant for exporting Ataccama ONE entities structured as per the metadata the model only and does not include any profiling result or actual data. For example, if you export a catalog item the export file contains the structure of this catalog item like all the properties of a catalog item like the attributes, descriptions, assigned terms, and so on. And this export file is used as an input for the Import function in another environment so it can be recreated there. Same with Rules, Terms, and so on.

Since it does not include any data, masking may not be relevant here. Please let me know if I misunderstood!

However for exporting a table to a file, you can use the Data Export feature and select Export to file option. This process runs an auto-generated plan in the background, so it is not a JSON code we can see or modify. At this time, you the ability to simply select the columns that are needed and exclude columns that contains sensitive data (which are marked by Data Protection Classifications). 

Although the Data Protection feature hides sensitive data to be visible on the ONE Webapp, note if you have permission to export data, you would also have the ability to export all columns. Currently, the only way to control this would be via access level on Data Export feature. We are working on expanding Data Protection controls on to Data Export for future releases.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions please let us know in the comments below!

Hi @Prithika , I’m closing this thread for now, as Abir mentioned if you have any follow-up questions please feel free to share them below or create a new post 🙂

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET