Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a question about the display of invalid samples when a specific section is selected. It's helpful that the invalid samples are based on that section's checks, but I'm wondering why all attributes are shown by default.

Wouldn't it make sense to show only the attributes relevant to the failed rules, with an option to add more if needed? The current setup is a bit confusing.

Thank you!

Hi!

When looking through invalid samples of a monitoring project, there is a filter option so you can limit what column and rules you see

By default you do get all columns of records with invalid fields, but there is an apply filter button where you can reduce the columns:

Here you can see DQ checks filters as well as attribute filters, so you can filter by “SELECT ONLY FAILED” to get this view:

Hope this helps!-

Samuel

Hi Samuel, thanks for the answer! I get it with the filtering's but my question was why all attributes are shown by default and not only the attributes that is for that rule. Like when the filtering option in invalid samples is made on a specific rule, then only the attributes where the rule is applied is shown. Shouldn't it be like that when invalid samples is selected on a specific rule, and not that I have to go in to the invalid samples and again select what rule/attributes I want to see.

Hi @Vanja Gilbert ,

You can also check this from the configuration & results tab for each attribute the DQ check you applied and once you click on it you can see what are the invalid samples. For example I’ve DQ rule applied on a attribute that gives me all the both the invalid checks explanation here that means there are empty and invalid samples both the rules that I applied to check in that table. 

Similarly if I check this same rule from the report tab . I shows the same as above. It is not throwing all the attributes we defined but showing us if have any invalid samples here by percentage. 

From your screenshot Not complete is the result and we are giving the explaination as IS_EMPTY as there are 6 empty so it is showing us those in the detailed level. Let me know if this what you are not looking at. 

Hope this helps !

Regards,

srija piratla

Hi @Vanja Gilbert, I’m closing this thread for now, if you have any follow-up questions please feel free to share them in the comments or create a new post 🙋‍♀️

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET