Skip to main content

We are trying to pass a csv file’s column which is generated from the Run DQC and contains a list of emails to the Send Mail’s “to” section. What are the other ways of passing a column to that particular section. Let me know if there are any alternative steps.

This is the workflow plan

Configuration of Send Mail:

Regards,
Emmanuel

Hi @EmmanuelF,

There are two ways to read external data to use it in a Workflow:

• Read SQL Result (Read SQL Result :: Ataccama ONE) -- Reads data provided by a query to the variables defined by the mapping. You’ll need a database connection to query the data.
  • Read File Variables (Read File Variables :: Ataccama ONE) -- Read data from a file. Right now, the only supported file type is a property file (a text file holding properties defined as key-value pairs in a format property.key=property.value)

For your case I think the latter suits better. So you need to ensure that DQC plan outputs data in a supported (property) format. Then read it using Read File Variables step and then you can use results of the Send Mail step using ${ewfGetTaskVariable("read_file_vars_task_name", "key")} syntax (more on the ewfGetTaskVariable function)

Hi @EmmanuelF,

There are two ways to read external data to use it in a Workflow:

• Read SQL Result (Read SQL Result :: Ataccama ONE) -- Reads data provided by a query to the variables defined by the mapping. You’ll need a database connection to query the data.
  • Read File Variables (Read File Variables :: Ataccama ONE) -- Read data from a file. Right now, the only supported file type is a property file (a text file holding properties defined as key-value pairs in a format property.key=property.value)

For your case I think the latter suits better. So you need to ensure that DQC plan outputs data in a supported (property) format. Then read it using Read File Variables step and then you can use results of the Send Mail step using ${ewfGetTaskVariable("read_file_vars_task_name", "key")} syntax (more on the ewfGetTaskVariable function)

Hi @AKislyakov,
I have created the properties file and have passed it to the Read File Variable as below

Now when I pass this variable to the Send Mail as such

I get an error stating “Illegal address in string ``abc@xyz.com,efg@xyz.com''”
If the email contains only a single email id the mail is sent. How do I include multiple email ids?

To send email to multiple recipients email addresses should be separated by \r\n separator.

To send email to multiple recipients email addresses should be separated by \r\n separator.

Manually it is possible to separate emails with this separator. What if I need to write a list of emails (These emails are fetched in the Run DQC Plan) with this separator in a .properties file using a text file writer?

I found the solution, Thanks for your help.

ataccama
arrows
Lead your team  forward  OCT 24 / 9AM ET